In our fast forward lifestyle, it has been really difficult for all of us to keep balance between professional and personal lives. So, if you do not have your own private solution of transportation then life can be more hectic than usual. In a situation like this having a family vehicle can help you to maintain work-life balance to some extent. But the process of choosing the best car for your family is a complex decision to make.
In the below section we will take you through the list of top 5 family cars that will help you to make wise decision. We have mainly used 3 parameters to make the list of the best family cars and they are:
- Affordability (No big price tags)
- Economical (Good KMPL)
- and 4 doors (Standard look)
Based on the above parameters the list of the best affordable family cars are as follows:
#1 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport S
This small SUV is also known as a compact utility vehicle. The outstanding cargo capacity of the car makes it one of the best family cars in 2018. Some of its specifications are as follows:
- Passenger Room: 96 cu. ft.
- Trunk Capacity:9 cu. ft.
- MPG: 25 in city and 32 on highway
- Horsepower: 141 hp
- Wheel size: 16″ diameter X 6.5″ width
#2 2018 Mazda3 Sport
The iconic look of the car will catch your attention in no time. This compact model of Mazda3 Sport is mainly renowned for athletic handling, upscale interior, great fuel economy etc. Some of its main features are as follows:
- Room for Passengers:3 cu. ft.
- Trunk Capacity:4 cu. ft.
- MPG: 28 in city/ 37 on highway
- Horsepower: 155 hp
- Dimensions: 176-180″ L x 71″ W x 57″ H
- Curb weight: 2,875 to 2,967 lbs
#3 2018 Toyota Prius Prime Plus
This mid-sized car will be ideal for your nuclear family. The iconic interior quality and the pleasant EV mode have made this car better than its alternative models. Its most eye-catching specifications are as follows:
- Room for Passengers:5 cu. ft.
- Trunk Capacity:8 cu. ft.
- MPG: 55 in city, 53 (in hybrid mode) and 133 (in electric-only mode) on highway
- Horsepower: 121 hp
- Curb weight: 3,365 lbs
- Cargo volume:8 ft³
#4 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
This fuel-efficient car is one of the most renowned models in the realm of midsize SUV. Its greatest features are as follows:
- Dimensions: 193″ L x 74″ W x 67″ H
- Towing capacity: 5,000 lbs
- Seating capacity: 6, 7
- MPG: Up to 18 in city / 25 on highway
#5 2018 Toyota Highlander
This latest model of Toyota is renowned for its V6 engine and stylish cabin quality. Around 7 to 8 people can ride this utility vehicle together. Some of its best features are as follows:
- Dimensions: 193″ L x 76″ W x 68″ H
- NHTSA safety rating: 5 star
- Towing capacity: 1,500 to 5,000 lbs
- MPG: Up to 21 in the city and 27 on highway
So, these are the 5 affordable family cars that you can consider buying in 2018 for spending quality times with your loved ones.
Author’s Bio: Tom Clark is one of the best auto accident lawyers in Miami Gardens but his passion for latest automotive technologies has made him a renowned automotive bloggers. He writes articles about latest automotive models, technologies, road safety etc.